Updated: Feb 17
These last two years have been life-changing, to say the least. With school closings, we had to become home school teachers, we learned to navigate the virtual world of zoom meetings, and some of us had to do all of this and more after losing our incomes and stability. We’ve all heard stories or know someone affected by the devastation of this global crisis, which led to higher rates of depression, anxiety, and people struggling with their mental health. And now we are living a new normal around the country and the world.
On the flip side, thousands of businesses were created and launched, while others learned to shift in order to compete in the new online space.
When you look back, have you thought about your story and what changed in it? Did it teach you anything about yourself and being able to get through to the other side of the madness? All those experiences made you an expert, and someone is waiting to learn and be inspired by your resilience.
Have you ever considered that sharing your story can help you create a business and income? That’s right. There is Power in the Pen, and those words can change the lives of others who may need your expertise as you create a profitable business and legacy.
Yes, writing a book may seem like a daunting task, especially if you’ve never thought of yourself as an author. But, I assure you that everyone has a story inside of them just waiting to be written, and the 8 ‘P’s of the Pen is just the blueprint you need to get started.
The 8 P’s of The Pen
1. Power: There is Power in the Pen! Writing your story allows you to take action and share your message with the people who need it.
2. Purpose: This is the reason you are here; Your purpose in this life is to rediscover your mission and give your whole heart and soul to it. Writing can help you realize your purpose.
3. Plan: This is the structure of your story. It includes why you are writing it, who you are writing it for, what you are writing about, and what the return on your investment will be.
4. Partner: Here is where you network with experts in the writing and publishing space so they can help you bring your story to life.
5. Promote: Marketing your book and getting the message to your ideal audience.
6. Presence: Be present and visible while writing and marketing to create anticipation and excitement about your book.
7. Process: How to bring all the pieces of your story together.
8. Profit: How to profit from the writing of your story.
As you navigate this new year, take time to reflect on your experiences and expertise over the last two years. Write them and consider sharing them with the world so that you might empower and inspire those who have been assigned to you. And, on the other hand, this could be the start of a new business for you.
Get Your 8 P's of The Pen Download Here
Join The FREE Books 2 Business and Beyond Facebook Group!
Follow us on Facebook here
P.S. Don't forget to join us for the live launch of our latest project The Image in The Mirror ll: Manifesting A Dream Deferred on February 23, 2022, from 12 pm -2 pm EST live on Facebook
About The Authors
Angie Mitchell AKA "The Mindset Maven” is a mental health advocate, author, blogger, speaker, master life coach, and the founder and CEO of Back to Her, where she assists women entrepreneurs with removing mindset barriers. Through personal and professional development programs that empower them to change the narrative of their story she helps them become the highest most truthful expression of themselves in order to achieve the success they desire.
She lives in Buffalo, NY where she is a mother, grandmother, and Senior Care Coordinator. You can connect with her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Joan T Randall is an International Speaker, Award-Winning Multi Best-Selling Author, Business Coach, and International Publisher. She is an Evolution Engineer who helps spiritual thought leaders and individuals of faith write and publish their stories, message, or expertise, so they can monetize their impact, build a business, and create legacies. Affectionately known as the Author’s midwife Joan has hundreds of authors achieve best-selling status.
Joan founded The Intensive Academy, an online platform that facilitates the unique model of taking Books 2 Business & Beyond; Helping authors use their books as leverage for multi-income and business growth. Connect with Joan at email@example.com